‘Quiet Stories from Canadian Places’ now on at:
Moose Jaw Museum & Art Gallery, Moose Jaw, SK
Exhibition from March 3rd to May 14th - http://www.mjmag.ca
Over the past ten years, Regina-based artist Heather Cline has been quietly gathering stories from local residents in communities across Canada, collecting personal and regional history. Through a series of artist residency projects and public engagements, she did such diverse activities as interviewing farmers on combines in Manitoba, fruit growers in Vernon and school children in Ardrossan, Alberta.
The interviews inspired Cline to paint different geographical locations, connecting with the subject matter through other people’s experiences of place. Excerpts from the audio collection are interspersed among the paintings to create the audience experience.
‘Quiet Stories from Canadian Places’ by Heather M. Cline
- The Godfrey Dean Art Gallery, Yorkton SK. Jan. 15-Feb.25, 2017
- Opening (Artist in Attendance) Sunday Jan. 29th, 2017 2-4pm.
- Moose Jaw Art Gallery & Museum, Moose Jaw, SK. March 3- May 14, 2017
- Opening (Artist in Attendance) Friday March 3, 2017 7pm-9pm
- Kelowna Heritage Museum, Kelowna BC. June 1- Sept. 4, 2017
- Opening (Artist in Attendance) Thursday June 1 4pm-
- Strathcona County Art Gallery @ 501, Strathcona County Edmonton, AB. September 9-October 22
- Opening (Artist in Attendance) Saturday September 9th 7-10pm
- Art Gallery of Swift Current, Swift Current SK. November-December 2017
- Opening TBA
- Dunlop Art Gallery, Sherwood Gallery. January- March 2018
- Opening TBA